Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Design Finds

While shopping at Target today I cam across a few great finds. I have to admit, although I usually find myself lusting after Restoration Hardware furniture I fell in love with a few of Target’s pieces. First off is a beautiful little side table, a great addition to a dining room or foyer. Or this version with a drawer, perfect for a smaller bedroom or guest room. These tables remind me of old Hollywood glamour, which is back in style with a bang.

Adding a lamp to top these tables will brighten any room significantly because of the reflective mirrored surface. An acrylic base with a white linen shade (see below) would look stunning.

Another piece that really caught my eye was a headboard, also in the old Hollywood Glamour series called the Seville Tufted Headboard. It’s incredibly soft and gives the look and feel of a high style, expensive piece of furniture.


This headboard is even more stunning in person. It comes in Twin, Full, Queen, King and California King.

While I haven’t personally bought any of these (that’s soon to change!), most of the online reviews make a point to mention the great quality, which I’m sure will please everyone.

Another noteworthy aisle I found while shopping was Target’s amazing serving pieces. I was floored by all the beautiful ceramic serving platters and bowls. I especially loved the silver edged set. These are perfect neutral serving platters that will compliment existing pieces nicely. The white rectangular platters are astonishing with a modern set. While the rounded pieces will compliment the more traditional existing serving pieces.

Actually all of the white ceramic pieces are fabulous and incredibly reasonably priced.

One other noteworthy aisle that I didn’t have a chance to hit is the bedding aisle. I recently bought a brown bedspread, and I’m in love with it. Its lightweight so perfect for this in between weather we’re having.

Overall it was a very successful trip to Target. Every time I shop there I find something new and exciting. The most exciting part for me is that its relatively inexpensive, something I can afford, and most of my clients can afford as well. Target is generally a local store, with some great finds, and you’re never too far from one. Check out Target.com for everything I’ve mentioned and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment