I want to first, share my knowledge of design. Many people have asked me for advice regarding color, lighting, furniture plans, accessories, window treatments and so much more. Some of the solutions are as simple as paint or a new lamp, but because they stare at the space every day, they can no longer visualize how a change like that will transform the space. But I am here to tell you, simple things can and will change the entire look and feel of your space. So, ask me any question you can think of (design related of course), and I will answer it to the best of my knowledge, or find someone who can.
Second, I want to put my name and ideas out there. I love interior design. No, love is an understatement. I live, breathe and... I don't even know! I can pinpoint the moment I fell in love with the possibilities and transformations of interior design. I was about 9 years old flipping channels (we had just changed cable companies and all the channels had changed). I found a show, which now I know to be Trading Spaces (TLC). Much to my excitement, there was a woman putting hay on the walls...yes, hay, for horses. While I'd never actually put a client through the shock of a hay wall treatment, the concept lit the fire within me. I love coming up with concepts, working and watching those ideas come to life. I leave a little piece of my heart in every project I've done. Nothing makes me happier than a finished project and a happy client.
Lastly I want to know what you think. I want your feedback and your ideas. I want to know how I can help you make your home work for you. I want to encourage you to take that step and finally slap some paint on those white walls, or try that new red sofa that you've been eyeing. Taking that leap into the design world, I promise it'll lead to even more exciting enhancements.
So here it is, my brand new blog. Feel free to email me, or comment with any questions or comments. I'm more than happy to answer them!
Happy Designing!


No comments:
Post a Comment